MOPA encourages you to be creative with your interpretation of the theme!
What do you think of when you hear the word "dreams?" What might you photograph to show your thoughts and ideas?
If you are unsure what "dreams" could mean, visit the FAQ page (on top bar) for some ideas.
- ONE entry per student
- All submissions must be photographic arts. We accept the following:
- Photography (digital photography, film photography, cell phone photography, photo collage, photo edited with Photoshop or another app, polaroid, cyanotype/sun print, mixed media, three dimensional, etc.)
- Video (documentary, fiction, abstract, stop motion animation, etc.) Maximum length of 2 minutes.
- Artwork must address the theme of "dreams"
- Artwork must be created within the 2018-19 school year
- All submissions must be an original artwork created by the student artist, but may borrow images (for example, a collage made of magazine photos)
- Permission to Participate: In order to participate in MOPA's Annual Juried Youth Exhibition, all students must have permission from a parent or guardian.
- The authorization form can be completed online here and will be emailed to registered users after submitting an artwork. (Only ONE form is needed per student. You will not receive a confirmation email. If you would like to check that your form has been received, please email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Teachers may download the PDF to be signed at home. Please email all signed copies to email@example.com.
- Submission Requirements:
How To Submit Artwork
1. REGISTER as a "user" by clicking on the green +Register button at the top right of this screen. (Registered users may be a student artist, parent/guardian, or teacher)
2. Use an ACCURATE EMAIL ADDRESS to register. All information about the exhibition including notification of acceptance is sent via email to the registered user's email. Please be sure the email provided is checked frequently and can receive outside emails. (Some school email systems block our emails)
3. Check that your artwork meets the ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA above.
4. Add a new submission to your account (ONE entry per student) and complete the required questions. Be sure to check your spelling!
5. To Submit:
- Digital Artwork (digital photo & video): Submit the digital file*. MOPA will print your image for display.
- Non-Digital Artwork (collage, mixed media, 3D, etc.): Submit a photo or scan of the artwork*. MOPA may ask you to bring in the original for display or may print your uploaded image for you.
- *See FAQ page (on top bar) for information on resizing files, taking photos of artwork, and more!
Deadline to Submit.....................May 8, 2019
Jurors Select Works.....................May 2019
Acceptance Notification................June 2019
Exhibition Opens..........................September 28, 2019
Opening Reception.......................October 12, 2019, Reception is by invite only
Exhibition Closes..........................March 1, 2020
Visit the FAQ page (on top bar) for more information including:
- How can this year's theme be interpreted?
- What is an artist statement?
- How do I resize my photos to meet the size requirements?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 619.238.7559 x221